Sunday, September 30, 2007

another girls-only post

I forgot to mention in my "travel is bad" post that there were a few products that I absolutely could not have done without in my travels, both of which are totally eco-good:

1) My maya wrap sling. Overburdened mamas with strollers glared at me in envy all over the place. ha! No cobblestone problems for me!!! Also good for wiping snotty noses in the absence of tissue.

2) My diva cup. I went through a whole period using no back-up pads at all, and didn't have one single little leak at all. (The lack of back-up pads was due to the fact that my period hit in Portugal and I didn't really relish the thought of trying to decipher Portuguese packaging to get the right thing, and I kept forgetting to ask our lovely hostess.) Anyway, the period was exceptionally easy to deal with even while travelling. LOVE the diva cup. Love love love it. My wee little girl (who would not let me go to the bathroom alone ever) was slightly concerned when she saw me putting it in, but she got over it and enjoyed commenting "mummy change her cup!" after a day or so. That was fun.

No comments: